REDEVELOPING REGENT GARDENS
Regent Gardens is the ‘Heart of our Town’. And redesigning it was first mentioned in the Kirkintilloch Masterplan in 2013. We want to keep people at the heart of everything we do, so to achieve the ambition to redevelop Regent Gardens and give the community a space that’s fit for the next 30 years, we need you to have your say!
Since 2019 we’ve been working with the community, finding out how people would like to see this space shaped for the future. We’ve had around 1,400 responses overall – an amazing demonstration of a community having it’s say…
Unfortunately the pandemic has delayed our plans a little but we are now moving forward to the next stage… Using all your feedback, we’ve been working with East Dunbartonshire Council and a team of designers to develop a concept design which we can hopefully take forward into reality.
This design includes:
- A flatter, green, more flexible, central space for events
- Proposals for a semi-permanent canopy
- Enhanced seating and informal play area in the lower half of the gardens
- A reduced speed, traffic-calmed approach to Union Street
- Enhanced links to Peel Park and Kirkintilloch Town Hall
- Better showcasing of Kirkintilloch’s heritage
- Opportunities for further development in the future
WE NOW NEED YOUR VIEWS ON THIS CONCEPT DESIGN!
Getting views from as many people as possible is really important. Please, please get involved and have your say on the future of the Heart of our Town.
A short, feedback questionaire is available here
An online feedback event will also be delivered in June 2021. Details will be posted in due course.
THIS STAGE OF THE CONSULTATION WILL ONLY RUN UNTIL THE 6th JUNE 2021, IT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO HAVE YOUR SAY NOW!